Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Speech

Today was the first time in more than ten years that our association came together in the beginning of the year as one group. We met at the middle school and over 300 people came to the meeting. I gave my first speech (gulp) to a standing room only crowd. Each of the exec board gave a short speech with the theme running through it...get involved. I think it went well if compliments and "This was such a good thing to do" comments were an indication. Yesterday was our Crisis Committee (now called Action Committee) meeting, this afternoon negotiations and tomorrow our Rep Council. Four meetings in three days....I think I'm "meeting" out. Still, it was exhilarating to try to get people involved and think that maybe we are making a difference.

I hope everyone had a great first day of school and is resting up this weekend.

Stacy (Medford, NJ)

No comments:

Post a Comment