Thursday, July 12, 2012
What Do You Say When...
We are in negotiations in our town right now. It isn't an easy time for anyone.. the teachers or the residents. I have tried to come up with some answers when people ask me or others WHY? Thanks to a very helpful friend (resident of the town, teacher and great writer) these were the answers we developed:
1. All we want is a fair settlement and a current contract.
2. We had to do things we didn't want to raise awareness of the issue.
3. Your children's education was not compromised by our actions.
4. The state-appointed mediator is about to send this to fact finding, which is a very expensive process.
5. We want to give our full attention to our jobs.
6. Please ask your board members to settle the contract.
I am sure others around the country are going through similar things. What would you add to this list?